thehidingspot

The Hiding Spot

The Devouring

The Devouring - Simon Holt thought this was a good book, but I didn't really find it all that scary. The concept of Vours was really interesting - and freaky I suppose, but none of the scenes themselves really scared me. So I suppose this is a horror novel in the way that if you think that something like this could happen to you, you have a really good reason to be freaked out!Otherwise, there really isn't all that much to say - I feel kind of lame, actually. I thought the writing was solid and the world well imagined. I'd recommend it, but I didn't love it. There was just something missing for me. I will read the next book, Soulstice, I'm kind of more interested the sequel just because I think things will really start getting interesting. Now Reggie knows more about the Vours and can focus on kicking their butts by the masses. So basically, read it, but get it from the library if you can.Ratings (out of 10):Plot: 9Characters: 10Writing style: 10Romance: 6Originality: 10Total: 45/50 (A-)