thehidingspot

The Hiding Spot

Paper Towns

Paper Towns - Paper Towns was my first John Green novel, but it definitely won't be my last. It was so seriously amazing... there aren't words to describe my reading experience. I'm usually not into reading books from the male perspective, but I recently read Black Rabbit Summer by Kevin Brooks (which is narrated by a male protagonist) and loved it - and am now working on not being so narrow-minded about my main characters. Q was one of my favorite main characters, so I'm glad I gave Paper Towns a chance. I think the aspect of this book that really made it amazing was the author, John Green. I'd heard that he was a really amazing, funny guy... something about Nerd Fighters?... but he has some serious writing talent. All the little details, the plot, the dialogue - it was so great... I could not put this book down. I loved the clues. Margo leaves clues for Quentin to find her and I was trying right along with him to figure them out. I couldn't stop reading until I found out what happened.This book was also so freaking funny. I was laughing out loud at 1 am, especially at the end of the book. There is some seriously hilarious diaglogue during a road trip... the road trip alone is reason to read this book! :)Ratings (out of 10):Plot: 10Characters: 10Writing Style: 10Romance: 10Originality: 10Total: 50/50 (A!)There are so many reasons to read this book! Its just one of those books that you have to read...