thehidingspot

The Hiding Spot

Candor

Candor - Pam Bachorz Candor was a wonderful debut from author Pam Bachorz! Filled with suspense, secrets, and forbidden romance, Candor grabbed my attention right from the first chapter!From the first time I heard about Candor, I was intrigued by the plot. Candor is The Stepford Wives taken to a whole new level! I could definitely see Candor being offered a movie deal in the future. It has all the elements of an amazing big screen hit! I also loved the ideas and questions that Candor raises about conformity and family relations. This novel seems to have a healthy balance of popular appeal as well as deeper meaning.I'm always a little uncertain when I see books that have a main character that is not the same gender as the author. Perhaps it is unfair of me, but I tend to believe that when it comes to characters, a woman writing a male's point of view simply isn't believeable. Perhaps, that goes more for men writing a female's POV or maybe Pam Bachorz has a gift for understanding the minds of men, but I definitely saw Oscar as realistic. The romance between Oscar and Nia was well written and fit the plot perfectly. Nia and Oscar are both such perfectly flawed characters - their relationship had just the right amount of passion and insecurity. Ratings (out of 10):Plot: 10Characters: 10Writing Style: 10Romance: 10Originality: 10Total: 50/50 (A!)Candor is quick, but satisfying read - and Pam Bachorz is an author to watch! I can definitely see more great novels in her future...