thehidingspot

The Hiding Spot

Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #1)

Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #1) - Shiver is an absolutely gorgeous novel. I could go on and on about how wonderful it is, but I think it is better to keep it simple. I really enjoyed Stiefvater's first novel, Lament. I seriously didn't really think I would like Shiver better, but I have a whole different kind of respect for Stiefvater after reading this novel. I fell in love with this book.I generally don't reread books, but Shiver is a book that I will definitely read again. The story is so beautifully told that I don't think I'll ever get tired of reading it. I suppose this is a human/werewolf love story, but it is so much more. I don't really feel comfortable classifying it this way because Shiver is so far from the stereotypical werewolf stories.Grace and Sam are an amazing leading duo. They complement each other perfectly; the reader can see why they fall in love with one another. I feel like it is hard to find that in character couples lately. I also love the fact that Sam is sensitive and not a bad boy. I generally am a sucker for the dark, brooding characters with hidden marshmallow centers, but Sam is such an obvious marshmallow and he's proud of it. I love that fact that he has a dark past, but he isn't dark... that is so rare to see!And the ending... loved it. Ratings (Out of 10):Plot: 10Characters: 10Writing: 10Romance: 10Originality: 10Total: 50/50If you haven't read Shiver yet, don't wait any longer! It is an amazing story, plus, you need to be caught up for when the next book, Linger, comes out in 2010!