thehidingspot

The Hiding Spot

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, Book 4)

Blood Promise - Richelle Mead Blood Promise left me wanting, needing, more! Some people are over vampires, but I still absolutely love Richelle Mead's books! Blood Promise was an amazing continuation of the Vampire Academy books!I always find it difficult to write reviews for books that are part of a series because I have a hard time writing around spoilers. That said, you can't fully appreciate Blood Promise unless you've read the first three Vampire Academy books. For that reason, this won't really be a review, but more of a recommendation to read the VA books!I read the Vampire Academy last year shortly before the third book was released. I absolutely devoured it and rushed out to immediately buy the next two books (thankfully the third one was out at that point). I really hadn't expected to love these books as much as I do, but Richelle Mead's take on vampires is so refreshing and wonderfully imagined. The most notable aspect of these novels is that the main character isn't a vampire, she is dhampir, or a vampire guardian. I liked all the history that is involved in VA and how all the different characters and pieces of the story fit together.My favorite part of the novels is the romance. I am a romance junkie and Vampire Academy is jam packed with sexual tension and tender moments. In many ways, I'd say that the VA books are more romance novels than vampire novels. I love those strong male leads and bad boys, but Rose, even though she falls head-over-feet, still holds her own: she doesn't need a guy to define her!Ratings (Out of 10):Plot: 10Characters: 10Writing: 10Romance: 10Originality: 10Total: 50/50The Vampire Academy novels are not to be missed! If you've read the first three novels and haven't gotten to Blood Promise yet, move it up on your to-be-read pile! I can't wait for the next novel, Spirit Bound, which will be out next year!