thehidingspot

The Hiding Spot

Give Up the Ghost

Give Up the Ghost - Megan Crewe I adored this book, to put it mildly. It pulled me in right from the beginning and refused to let me go!The entire book was wonderfully written and imagined. Cass was a girl that I found extremely easy to relate to - especially her sarcasm. I loved that the author showed Cass' tough side as well as her softer, more vulnerable side that she usually keeps hidden from her peers. I often find that authors add unneeded details to the plot - just to make it more interesting, but Megan Crewe not only had reason for every detail, everything was wrapped up at the end. I was left completely satisfied when I finished this book - which never happens! Cass' bullying, her family life, her new relationship with Tim - all wrapped up perfectly.I really enjoyed the ghosts of the story. Paige was a wonderful older sister, even in death, even if she didn't know she was - or was in ways that she didn't even mean to be. Another favorite was Norris... I had fun trying to imagine him while he was living - he was such a colorful character. I have to mention that I love this book's dust jacket! On the cover you can see a ghost whispering in Cass' ear and Norris leaning against the lockers on the back cover. I think it fits the novel perfectly!There is even a dash of romance, but it borders on being only a friendship. Even though I ususally like books with a romantic plot line, and this book's is minimal, I still was kept interested throughout the novel. Ratings (Out of 10):Plot: 10Characters: 10Writing: 10Romance: 10/NAOriginality: 10Total: 50/50 (A!)Read this book! I was fortunate enough to win a copy, but if I hadn't I definitely would have bought this book! It is remarkable that this is Megan's Crewe's debut novel - it is AMAZING!