thehidingspot

The Hiding Spot

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks, The - on Playaway - E. Lockhart I bought The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks shortly after it was released in 2008 and I kept passing over it when deciding what to read next out of my ridiculously large TBR pile. A couple weeks ago I decided to head home for the weekend, which is, total, a 10 hour drive. When I was browsing audio books, I stumbled across Disreputable and decided it might be fun to listen to during the long drive - I had no idea just how much fun it would be!Disreputable was my first audiobook experience and I have to say I think I made a great choice! I will admit to feeling a bit awkward because I was laughing aloud as I was driving along and my mouth would occasionally drop open as new twists in the plot came to light. By the time I got home I was 5 hours into the book and I went straight to my bookshelf to finish up the last hundred pages - I couldn't even wait for the drive back to listen to the rest!Frankie Landau-Banks is a girl after my own heart. She makes her mistakes and she sticks to what she believes. I could definitely relate to her curious, and sometimes manipulative, nature. I would love to read another novel about Frankie's adventures!I was in love with the secret society aspect of the novel. I can't say too much about it, as I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't read this yet, but it was really well written, and from what I could tell, researched. I liked all the little facts E. Lockhart threw into the the story about different well known societies. All of the history behind the different pranks that were performed was also interesting, and, in many cases, hilarious.The only part that I wasn't totally satisfied with was the ending of the novel. Again, I can't say much because of spoilers, but I really thought the story would end a bit differently. I still loved it though - ending and all!