thehidingspot

The Hiding Spot

The Awakening (Darkest Powers Series #2)

The Awakening - Kelley Armstrong I seriously love the Darkest Powers books! I’m not sure what it is about them: the characters, the supernatural elements, or the tension between Chloe and Derek, but I suspect it is all those amazing aspects. I love the characters in The Summoning and The Awakening. Chloe is an awesome main character. I'm enjoying finding out more and more about her powers. I've read Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake novels, and Chloe is a bit like a younger version of Anita, which I love. Derek might be my favorite character though - I just love the brooding guys - plus I know that he's going to make it through puberty and be one of those guys that you wish you would have given a shot before the hotness kicked in! ;) The fact that he is smart just makes him even more appealing. The awkward, yet trusting relationship Derek and Chloe have definitely keeps me turning pages! They are one of those relationships that, as a reader, I want so badly to turn into a relationship. They'd be so amazing together... !!I'm liking the sinister Edison Group plot line that is starting to develop. The fact that the boys' father is missing reminds me of Supernatural, which is a definite PLUS (I know there are some Supernatural fans out there)! Kelley Armstrong found a way to weave all those different supernatural powers and creatures into one amazing story - there is never a boring moment and it all comes together perfectly! Ratings (Out of 10):Plot: 10Characters: 10Writing style: 10Romance: 10Originality: 10Total: 50/50 (A!)I'm totally sold on Kelley Armstrong's Darkest Powers books! I can't wait for The Reckoning, which comes out in 2010 from HarperCollins. I borrowed this book from the library, but now I want it on my shelf, right next to The Summoning and The Reckoning!