thehidingspot

The Hiding Spot

Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls)

Only the Good Spy Young - Ally Carter The Gallagher Girls books are my guilty pleasure reads. Ally Carter never ceases to impress and ONLY THE GOOD SPY YOUNG is a wonderful addition to the series! Sometimes, in series, there will be a book or two that serves as a bridge between more exciting installments, but this isn't the case with Carter's books. Each one is as action-packed as the last, there are more hilarious discussions and one-liners, and the plot is always twistier than ever. OTGSY delivers everything that I've come to expect from a Gallagher Girls novel... and more. There were definitely some twists that I didn't see coming. And there were some twists that I thought I saw coming, but I was totally wrong. And while some readers might be disappointed after realizing they've jumped to the wrong conclusions, I was thrilled! I'm rarely surprised by novels and Carter's twists had me turned completely around.For those of you who haven't read these novels, I assure you that there are always plenty of scenes with cute, smart boys. For those of you who have read the books, you know I'm referring to Zach. We learn a lot more about this spy boy in OTGSY, much to my delight! I can never get enough of his and Cammie's poking at one another! The tension and chemistry between the two is always fun and is definitely one of my favorite aspects of the novel. Carter always ends each Gallagher Girl novels on a note that will torture me in months I spend waiting for the next book. She's always sure to wrap up what's just happened in the current novel and then she introduces something huge and then promptly ends the book. Which leaves me all wound up because I must know what happens next! The ending of OTGSY is no exception and I'm extremely interested to see how the next book will turn out. It's going to be so much different than the previous books... there are so many options for what could happen next!I highly recommend all of Carter's novels, including the first in her new series, HEIST SOCIETY. They're always fun and filled with strong female characters and cute boys!Grade: A+Cover Notes:I love the covers of Ally Carter's books! The titles are always clever and the ransom-note style is definitely fun. They look so pretty together on my shelf!