thehidingspot

The Hiding Spot

Wishful Thinking

Wishful Thinking - Alexandra Bullen I started WISHFUL THINKING with no expectations, except for the hope that it would be a relatively light and quick read, as I wasn't in the mood for something that would require deep thinking or tear my heart to pieces. Thankfully, Bullen's sophomore offering did neither.Even though I wasn't expecting to not like it, I was still surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It was an exceptionally fast read, but I didn't feel like the story was missing anything and the characters were all well developed.Unfortunately, WISHFUL THINKING was a bit predictable, but that didn't ruin the novel for me. Even though I knew what was going to happen, watching Hazel uncover these truths was still engaging. She was so set on her magical experience turning out a certain way that I couldn't help but be curious about how she would handle things when she realized that what you want, isn't always what you get... and, most of the time, you're better off with the latter.And there is a rather adorable romantic element to the story as well... And there's has a twist, which keeps things interesting.I'll be picking up WISH, Bullen's debut, at some point to see how the dresses came to land in Hazel's deserving arms. And, please note, that I had no problem following the story line having not read WISH prior to WISHFUL THINKING.