thehidingspot

The Hiding Spot

The Body Finder (Body Finder Series #1)

The Body Finder (Body Finder Series #1) - REVIEW ORIGINALLY POSTED AUGUST 2009Okay, I realize that it is ridiculously early to be posting a review of this book, but really, with a book this good, who cares?I am, quite simply, in love with this book! I read it three days ago and I'm still in love with it. I'm considering rereading it - I RARELY EVER reread books! The Body Finder has so many elements that really appealed to me. Firstly, I found the serial killer and murder mystery aspect of the book really well done. I'm a big fan of shows like Criminal Minds, so I already had an interest in that type of plot line. Coupling that aspect of the plot with a supernatural ability and budding romance pretty much set this book over the top!Violet's ability was, though creepy, very interesting. I really was a bit creeped out when some of the bodies were found. Violet dealt with her ability much better than I ever would - she is a very strong, resilient individual. I really liked Violet as a main character. In books (and movies and television shows) where there is a female lead and a murder, the female lead generally does really stupid things that leave the reader or viewer freaking out about her stupidity. Violet wasn't like that, which was very refreshing. Yes, she makes a few bad choices, but overall, she was smart! I really like it when my main character has a brain, so I was very happy about that.Now, on to one of my favorite aspects of The Body Finder: Violet and Jay! Kimberly Derting did an AMAZING job of writing Violet and Jay's romance. I loved their flirting and dialogue. I found the scenes filled with flirting and sexual tension to be very true to life and realistic. I love those tension filled scenes and The Body Finder was full of them! The confusion and jealousy associated with falling in love with your best friend, who is suddenly very good looking and a bit of a stud, was spot an as well!Ratings (Out of 10):Plot: 10Characters: 10Writing style: 10Romance: 10!Originality: 10Total: 50/50 (A!)I think Kimberly did an wonderful job blending the different aspects of The Body Finder. I loved every aspect: the mystery, Violet's ability, and the love story. The Body Finder was one of those books that I couldn't put down - until I forced myself. Seriously, I had about 30 pages left and I made myself go to bed (at 5 a.m.) because I didn't want it to end. Not surprisingly, I picked it up right when I got up the next morning and finished it! The Body Finder is definitely a must read for 2010!