thehidingspot

The Hiding Spot

Will Grayson, Will Grayson

Will Grayson, Will Grayson - John Green WILL GRAYSON, WILL GRAYSON. has been sitting on my to-be-read pile for quite some time. Other books kept pushing ahead in line until, finally, I took it off the stack and stuck it in my bag, refusing to look at another book until I'd finished it. At first, I wasn't as enthralled as I'd imagined I'd be. I thought that John Green's Will Grayson was hilarious and I was enjoying the sections he narrated, but I simply couldn't connect with David Levithan's Will. He was just too for me. Too negative, too sarcastic, too much in general. I found him extremely annoying - until he met the other Will Grayson. I can't pinpoint the exact change that occurred, but I know that when the Will Graysons met in that "unlikely corner of Chicago," I started to like Levithan's Will, sometimes even more than I liked Green's! *gasp* Once I made a connection with both Will Graysons, my attitude towards the book changed completely. At first, I could easily set the novel down and was distracted by other things, but after, it was nearly impossible to tear my eyes from the page. So, if you've yet to read WILL GRAYSON, WILL GRAYSON, don't give up on it if you aren't connecting with both characters. There's a chance that this will change for you, as it did for me, but, even if it doesn't, this novel is definitely worth finishing!I can't write a review of this novel without mentioning Tiny Cooper, who is both a best friend and love interest in the novel. He was a fabulous character and, of all the characters, I'd have to say that he shines the brightest. I'd love to read a novel from his point of view!Overall, WILL GRAYSON, WILL GRAYSON is a hilarious novel written by two phenomenal authors. It reminded me just how amazing John Green's writing is and has encouraged me to seek out more by David Levithan.