thehidingspot

The Hiding Spot

The Looking Glass Wars (Looking Glass Wars #1)

The Looking Glass Wars (Looking Glass Wars #1) - Why did I wait so long to read this book!? I haven't read a YA fantasy novel that was this amazing in FOREVER! Alice in Wonderland has always been one of my absolute favorite stories and Frank Beddor's version is no exception! I loved the original Alice in Wonderland, but, gosh, this version is totally fighting for favorite. The world of Wonderland and its inhabitants were so wonderfully imagined. Hatter Madigan was one of my favorite characters - he was just so intriguing and interesting. I was amazed by the characters and landscapes of Beddor's Wonderland. Alyss was an awesome main character. I found myself rooting for her and the Alyssians in their fight against her crazy Aunt Redd and the bullying people from the other side of the Pool of Tears.And, oh my goodness, Dodge! I seriously loved childhood friend turned jaded man. I can't wait to find out more about him and his and Alyss' relationship in the next novel, Seeing Redd (which is totally on the table right now begging me to open it and dive in!). I can't say enough good things about The Looking Glass Wars! My dreams would come true if Beddor decided to rewrite Peter Pan as well - eeek!Ratings (Out of 10):Plot: 10Characters: 10Writing Style: 10Romance: 10Originality: 10Total: 50/50!Read it! I'm totally in shock of its awesomeness right now!