thehidingspot

The Hiding Spot

Daughter of the Flames

Daughter of the Flames - Zoë Marriott From inside jacket flap: "What if your deadliest enemy was the only one who could save you.In an ancient temple in the mountains, fifteen-year-old Zira trains in the martial arts to become a warrior priestess, defending the faith of the Ruan people. Then terror strikes at everything Zira loves, and the only home she knows is destroyed byt the occupying forces of tyrannical King Abheron. To survive, she must unravel the secrets of her identity, decide her people's fate - and accept her growing feelings for a man who should be her enemy."I've been waiting for a new Zoe Marriott book ever since I read her first novel, The Swan Kingdom about a year or so ago. Marriott is one of the authors that I've come to count on when I need a good young adult fantasy book to read. She may not be very well known, but she knows what she's doing when it comes to writing a satisfying book!I really liked the main character, Zira. She was a strong character, and even after she fell in love she was still independent and fierce - there is nothing worse than a heroine who falls to pieces after she has found a big, strong man who sweeps her off her feet! I am a romance junkie, but I still appreciate it when author's allow their female leads to have a brain! I think that the cover of this book is really eye catching, but a bit of disappointment because the girl isn't a very good representation of a Zira. She is missing a scar of her face that is important to the story line...Ratings (Out of 10):Plot: 10Characters: 10Writing Style: 10Romance: 10Original: 10Total: 50/50 (A)