thehidingspot

The Hiding Spot

Swoon

Swoon - Nina Malkin I'll start out by saying that Swoon was not at all what I expected. However, I still ended up loving it in the end - once I gave up the idea of what I thought it was going to be. If you like "bad boys" - real bad boys - then you'll love Sin. His name really says it all. I alternated between hating and loving him, but in the end I pretty much settled on love, despite some of the absolutely horrible things he did throughout the book. I think I loved him for Dice more than anything.I really liked the symbolism and meaning found by reading between the lines of Swoon. It was a good novel at face value, but it was even better if look a little deeper. There is a lot of sex in this book - and plenty of drug use as well. I didn't think that this content took away from the plot, rather they added the edge and "sin" that was integral to the plot. Ratings (out of 10):Characters: 10Plot: 10Writing style: 10Romance: 10Originality: 10Total: 50/50 (A!)Basically, I hope my review made you wonder - I didn't want to say too much or give anything away. Swoon is really one of those books that you just have to read for yourself - and I highly recommend that you do. It seems to me that it is one of those love it or hate it books, but I personally loved it!