thehidingspot

The Hiding Spot

Meridian (Meridian Series #1)

Meridian - Amber Kizer Meridian was a an interesting take on death and the after life, with a well written love story interwoven. When I first saw the cover art for Meridian a few months before it was released, I was immediately drawn to the book. I loved the dark color scheme and the fact that it was quite clearly had some type of supernatural element. When I was younger I was deathly (no pun intended) afraid of dying. I would lay awake at freaking out about what it would be like to lose a family member or pet. I think that having read Meridian back then might have helped assauge some of those fears. The ideas about death and the after life presented in this book make death seem not quite as scary or final. I really enjoyed the romance and relationship that developed between Meridian and Tens. I'm a sucker for the protective guys, like Tens, but he was refreshing in that he still let Meridian learn for herself and believed she was a strong individual. He loved and cared for her, but gave her room to grow and learn as well. I really appreciated the fact that Tens and Meridian didn't immediately fall for one another, they actually disliked each other quite strongly at the beginning of the novel. I liked the chase and tension before they admitted their feelings to one another.Ratings (Out of 10):Plot: 10Characters: 10Writing Style: 10Romance: 10Originality: 10Total: 50/50 (A!)I definitely recommend Meridian - it was a great supernatural debut for Amber Kizer, author of One Butt Cheek at a Time. I look forward to (hopefully) reading more about the world of Meridian!