thehidingspot

The Hiding Spot

Never Cry Werewolf

Never Cry Werewolf - Heather Davis I'm going to come right out and say that I didn't like this book very much. I simply couldn't take it very seriously and I found it a bit slow. Don't stop now though! Read on to find out why - because I've read reviews by readers that liked this book!I thought the plot sounded cute when I read the back cover, but it did seem a little bit predictable and possibly shallow. I didn't want to be dissuaded by the back cover though, so I tried to keep an open mind.Throughout the book I didn't really feel that any of the characters really popped. I did like Austin, but Shelby was just a little too flat. I felt that, as the main character, Shelby should have had a little more "sparkle" - for lack of a better word.I didn't really buy Shelby and Austin's romance. It was just too easy - I would have enjoyed a little more of a chase and a little more mystery. Some type of unexpected twist would have been welcome!Ratings (Out of 10):Plot: 6Characters: 5Writing Style: 8Romance: 5Originality: 6Total: 30/50 (D)I hate to write a review that reflects badly on a book, but Never Cry Werewolf fell short for me. It was just a little too immature and predictable. I feel that there are other YA werewolf books that I would recommend before this one. But look around before completely passing on Never Cry Werewolf - not everyone shares my opinion!