thehidingspot

The Hiding Spot

Delirium

Delirium  - Lauren Oliver Lauren Oliver captured my bookish heart with BEFORE I FALL, and, with DELIRIUM, she's proven that she's more than a one hit wonder and fully capable of slipping from one genre to another without missing a beat.There's something about Oliver's books that pulls me in and makes them near impossible to put down. The writing and plots are always fantastic, but I think it's the characters and their emotion that I find so alluring. There's so much passion in these books, particularly DELIRIUM. There's passion in the carnal sense - the romance is gorgeous - but Lena also possesses a passion for life and love that will speak to any reader.In DELIRIUM, curing deliria, or love, isn't limited to just romantic love, it includes all love. The love between siblings, between a parent and child, and for life itself... What a terribly lonely world Lena is trapped in. There are times when I think that it would be much easier to not deal with the pain of love, but, after exploring Lena's world, I don't think the benefits of escaping love would ever outweigh the costs. If nothing else, DELIRIUM reminds readers just how lucky they are to know and experience love... even with the heartbreak and pain that travels beside it.Somewhat unsurprisingly, Oliver leaves us hanging at DELIRIUM's close and, at least in my case, guarantees that readers will be scrambling to get their hands on the next installment.